Monday, January 26, 2009

Its a bit long...

Wow! Hey y'all long time no see! So life right now is pretty sweet! School is going smoothly, as long as I stay on top of my studies. Randy and I are good right now... he is super sweet! We might be needing some prayer over this year, he is needing to explore and experience new things- NOT Gainesville. So, our future plans are put on hold as of right now! :( It makes me really sad but I don't want him to resent me for anything so I say go. It will be tough but if God has our lives together then it will all work out. I've just gotta keep telling myself that- over and over and OVER! My family is good. My Pawpaw is the one we are all worried about right now. He was in the hospital for almost 2 weeks with pneumonia and congestive heart failure. He is going back tomorrow for more tests and next week to scheldule a day to put in a pace maker. His heart isn't as strong as it should be with an open heart surgery under his belt. God will take care of him I know!

CHURCH
Ok, well church right now is strange...that does'nt sound good but its true. My church is just, well , I'm not feeling it and I know that is very selfish of me and I don't go to church to get something out of it because I know that I should go to glorify God...I do but it's hard when something just is'nt right. I don't know how to say what it is without coming across as something I'm not trying to be... anyways different subject kinda-- Well I was offered a position at my parents' church to be the childrens minister. I have to say that it was the hardest decision to make WITH God. I say that because I prayed for over a month for God to show me the right dicision to make. Here's how I came across that... I was totally on the fence, dead centered on the fence, with what to do. I love Kids and I love to see them grow and learn. I also didn't know if I wanted that much responsibility on my shoulders- not mentioning I'm still in school and I work. So one day I asked Shane ( my wonderful brother) to give me a book of the Bible to read- now I only asked because I really just wanted to read a "good" book- so he told me to read Hebrews! I started reading and SMACK ! it was as if God slapped me right slab in the face with the message! I was in chapter 5- let me back up a tid bit, I had spoken with the pastor at Pinecrest (where my parents go, you know the one that offered me the position) and I let him know that I wasn't sure if I was spiritually ready to do this because I felt like I was at a stand still with the Lord and I wasn't growing like I thought I should be. He said " you know Christ can strengthen your faith and grow you by leading just like, and if not more than, when your being taught." I never thought of it that way and so yea back to my reading... It basically told me the same thing Parrish (the pastor) had told me. I was reading Hebrews 5:11... and it says " ...it is hard to get it across to you since you've picked up this bad habit of not listening. By this time you ought to be teachers yourselves, yet here I find you need someone to sit down with you and go over the basics on God again, starting from square one- baby's milk, when you should have been on solid food long ago! Milk is for beginners, inexperienced in God's ways; solid food is for the mature, who have some practice in telling right from wrong." That is The Message version. CRAZY huh?!So needless to say, I have decided to take the position... I'm waiting on them to contact me now! So we, God and I, will be helping the children of Pinecrest Baptist church to grow in Christ and learn to live more in His way's. Hopefully it will be fun and successful and God will show Himself to the kids, the church, and to me more than I would have ever expected!!!!! So keep me in your prayers and most of the kids- Yay!!!

So yay life is good! I hope you and yours is good as well!!!

No comments: