Thursday, June 5, 2008

What's Happenin' ...

OK so guess what... I got an A, I actually got an A on a physics test!! The funny thing is, is we were told that the test would be Monday but was surprised yesterday at the end of class that our test of 7 CHAPTERS would be today! So the whole class started freakin out and getting mad. Sooo I came home and studied from 5 to 11 and then got up and left a little before 7 to get to school a little early and studied for another 2 or so hours. Come to find out, some of the girls in the class had written hate emails and called our teachers boss complaining about the fact that he changed the test date. OHHHHH WELL...

I figured out that if I truely study and do nothing else each day, it will pay off. I got an A and I had never been that nervous before a test yet! When Tom showed me my grade, it was as if I had been carrying around the entire universe on my back and God had taken it off and placed it where it belonged!! What a breath of fresh air!!!

Life here lately has been pretty stressful... with work and school. Work it self doesnt stress me, it is just the fact that I have to work and study and its so hard. People at work think that work is sooo important, but they work there as their career. I will not work at sam's the rest of my life! Dont get me wrong, it is a great job, temporary job- and the people I work with and for are great people, I just have bigger plans for my life! I cannot wait until I have a weekday job and have the weekends off. I do believe this is the most I will be doing at one time for the next year! Say a prayer for me to keep my cool, to get enough sleep, and to remain focused!

Tomorrow- I begin shadowing at TLC OB/GYN!!! I am so excited to learn more about what I want to be doing the rest of my life. School is teaching me, but we arent at OB yet! I hope that when we do get to OB that I will be really good at it since I am shadowing on fridays!! I get to wear scrubs and all!! :) I can't wait! :)

Church- We have a prospective pastor!! We get to meet him and his wife this Saturday and he is preaching on Sunday! I am so excited and I hope he is the one that God has for us, and he will help turn the church around! I hope people in the church do not think that he will be the one that does it...we all have to put in the effort to make a difference! I cant wait :)

I am learning the giutar... it is soooo hard! My super talented friend Joanne is teaching me and she is so awesome and has great patience!! Haha- it is a lot harder than I thought it was going to be, but I have to learn patience with myself and take my time and practice!!! Super exciting :)

Randy and I are doing great! He works and goes to school at GSC and I work and go to school. We dont really see each other that much, and believe me it is really hard cause we are use to being with each other every day and eating dinner and watching movies--- It isnt like that right now. I love him so much and sometimes I think he thinks I dont have time for him, but that is kind of the case but its not that I dont want to be with him I just want to be good at what I do and I will be finished with school in a year and he just has to be patient with me. It will all change soon but until then we will just have to cherrish the moments we have together!! :)

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Yay for long posts! :D

GREAT JOB on the physics test! wOw -- I don't think that I could have enough self-discipline to study for that long. especially PHYSICS...ew!

well...we know that the firefighter liked your scrubs :D

and the GEETAR -- I am so glad you have not lost your patience! It IS hard and I was worried that you would get discouraged. I'm definitely not the best model to look to for practicing...I HATE practicing. I don't learn anything much new on the piano because I'm too lazy to stretch myself...but you SHOULDN'T GIVE UP!!! I know you'll be so glad you stuck with it when you are up there on stage strummin and praising God with your music...or...serenading Randy, whatever works :D haha

Calluses by time I get back! I know you can do it!!!

I'm glad you gave this little update! I enjoy reading about your life! :)

Christy LaShea said...

Congrats on the test!

And it is terribly hard working and going to school. I hope you aren't working full time!