Monday, August 4, 2008

Truely Blessed!

wow! long time no blog! So a lot has been going on here lately in my life and I want to sincerely appologize for not keeping you updated. I am now in abdomine 1 in school and it is tough because there is just way too much to be taught about all your organs and all the pathologies that are involved with each. Im doing ok though! Pray!

My family... well I'm praying and I ask you to do the same for us. God's will, will be done and I will continue to thank God for what I have in my life- I learned this tonight*. Even though we are going through a rough time and wont get much better without the hand of God, I know that what is meant to happen will happen as long as it is put into God's hand. NOONE can make this better...ONLY Him!! I try to stay as positive as I possibly can and continue to be in pray and thank Him daily. I know things can look up, even if there are sacrifices to be made and hearts to be broken. Life goes on and all that matters in the long run is that Christ is glorified in every action, every word, every attitude that we make or have. No need to stress over something that I have no controll over or something that I cannot make the main descion over. All I know is that I am staying focused on Christ, school and my friendships. Even if you have no idea what I am talking about, please say a little prayer for my family! :)

What I meant by " I learned this tonight" * was well ... tonight I was asked to go to an old church in Atlanta that is now a shelter for women and sing. I was so nervous and I had no idea what to expect. I loved it! I have never been so thankful for the things Christ has placed in my life. As hard of a time I know my family is going through, it doesnt compare to what others have gone through, and I saw that tonight. These women were so loving. They would come up and give us hugs and say I love you. When asked " How are you?" their response was "Blessed." They can see that they are blessed, being without a home, a job, a big family, a car, money, descent clothes, or any of the daily things we take for granted every second of our lives - they know they are blessed. Whether it be that they are just blessed to be living, or just to have fellowship with other people I dont know. What I do know is that they know they are blessed! That to me is a true, broken heart for the Lord. I wake up every morning, take a shower in my very own bathroom, I sit and eat my very own breakfast, and I get in my very own car and go where I please. Yet my response when asked "How are you?" isnt "Blessed." How disappointing. How sad. I should be waking up every morning and falling on my face thanking and praising God just for another day.
The children that were there truely touched my heart. It was completely obviouse that the love they desire isnt met. I had a little boy sit in my lap the entire service. There were three little girls sitting next to me and when Ken- Laura's boyfriend- gave the message they all wanted their own Bible. When we were singing a couple of praise songs, the little girls felt so free to dance. Why cant we find the freedom to dance? I think the innocense of a child is what we need, I think that is how Christ sees us and it breaks His heart to see us hide, to see us put ourselves on a pedistal and feel so self-righteous that we cant even find it in our hearts to fall on our knees and be honest with our selves and with Christ- knowing that He fully and completely knows our hearts and if there is anything in our hearts that does not glorify Him we try to hide it... silly huh?! Thats just plum silly- the first thing you learn as a child, in church, is that you cant hide for Him... not even as an adult can we hide behind our family, or work, or our busy scheldules. NOT POSSIBLE YALL!!!! We need to find our inner child, our inner innocense and fall on our faces before Christ. Who cares what someone next to you thinks... they wont be the ones you have to answer to one day. If someone who has nothing but the love of Christ- which I need remind you is ALL we need, can humble themselves before the Lord... so can you, so can I, so can we. So how bout a little dancing on Sunday... I bet Christ dances in heaven watching down on us and listening to our praises be lifted up- that is if our praise are truely praises...

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Sooo deep!! It sounds like God has been doing a lot in your heart! I want to come sometime -- idk when that will be cause I work most mondays but hopefully someday! I am praying for you always girl - I love you and thank you for being an awesome friend!

Christy LaShea said...

Awesome experience Haley!

And you're so right - I too need to get down on my knees, fall onto my face and praise God for all his glory. I've been thinking lately how far away I've slipped from God. I have to remind myself I can't let life and the things of this world that I think are important get in the way of my relationship with Him.