Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sing a song- Sing a song- God of Heven come down- Heaven come down!!!

OK so if you know me at all... you know I have a passion to sing! I love to sing, and for some reason I didnt discover this passion until high school, 10th grade to be exact!! So I have tried out for american idol... didnt make it, and last night and today i called into the Fish and sang, they are having a gosspel/christian singing contest. I dont really think about becoming a "singer" that often and it is mostly because I can not stand to hear myself sing!! HaHa I know that sounds awful but I think I sound awful!! BUT... people tell me how much they like my voice so I keep doing it, not because the people like it but because I know that no matter how awful I may sound to myself or even to others or even if I forget the lyricks, I am still worshipping my savior who deserves everything I have!! I help lead the praise and worship at my church on Sunday mornings ( West Hall Baptist) and I absolutly love it because for me, worship is what gets me. I love to dig deep in the word, dont get me wrong, but for some reason there is so much emotion in worship and I LOVE IT!!!

One of my very best friends,Laura, texted me the other day and told me how much she appreciated my voice and the songs I sing.<> She told me she listens to it all the time and crys!! She told me that it encourages her and help her when she is having a not so good day... that means so much to me. Thats when I wish I could become a singer, so I can help others to know God, or to even make them smile!! I love to make people smile <> Anyways, back to subject. If i never becomea famous singer or what not, I will always continue to sing a new song, and just maybe it will bring someone to know Christ, or just make them smile!!!!

2 comments:

Christy LaShea said...

Haley!!!

Hello! I'm excited about your blog! Keep it up and Keep singing girl! You're great!

Christy

Joanne said...

Well HEY!!!!

hehe I found Julie's blog on Facebook and then I saw you had one and I said YES!!!! I just got mine...I love it!!!

and...don't ever stop singing, cause you truly are amazing!!! love you!

Joanne